One question people often ask us is “What kind of jobs do students get after completing a degree at DSI?” The answer: DSI prepares graduates to take their social design capabilities into many different environments and in every industry, in NYC and beyond, to support positive action. This summer, you can catch some of our recent grads and rising second years:
……….shaping health practices with greater care
- Sophia Geanacopoulos (‘23) – Summer internship at Johnson & Johnson Design; DSI partnership with Montefiore’s Primary Care and Social Internal Medicine Program in a year-long, grant-funded engagement with community-based organizations in the South Bronx.
- Krutika Galgalikar (‘23) – Summer Design Internship at Komodo Health
…………exploring how design can help grow and nourish our natural world
- Ruike Pan (‘22) – Interdisciplinary residency with SVA’s Bio Art Laboratory. He’ll further his thesis exploration (Artifungus) of using biomaterials for social good.
- Kehan Zhang (‘22) – Sustainability Consultant for Loop Coffee in continuation of her thesis work, eCoffee.
- Dori Jacobson (‘22) – UX Researcher on Prose’s Products and Experience Team.
- Riddhi Sabnis (‘23) – Summer Internship at Big Reuse
…….facilitating policy development for justice and healing
- Jenny Lin (‘22) – Design Consultant for The Truman Center for National Policy and Associate Design Director at Artefact
- Pallavi Rawla (‘23) – Summer Internship at Public Policy Lab
- Brittany Nevinski (‘23) Graphic Design Associate at New 42, volunteer with the NYC Chapter of the Hearing Loss Association of America and a Dance, Orff, and musical theater instructor at BeaTPAC.
Interested in more details about our DSI students? Check out our amazing DSI network on our Alumni at Work page here!
If reading about what our students are doing inspires you, then DSI is for you! There’s still time to apply for an MFA in Design for Social Innovation for Fall 2022.