When you come to get your graduate degrees at DSI, you will learn to examine issues in our world today and respond to our ecosystems in more sustainable ways – to build community, challenge the status quo, reframe current narratives, and shape new design approaches. Most of all, you will be leading the way to ensure the health and wellbeing of our societies and the planet through creativity and care.
Apply DSI early to get a head start toward making change. Here are 5 reasons why you should apply before our Jan. 15 priority deadline:
- An early application increases your likelihood of being accepted into the program. If you’re passionate about caring for this world and our future, you’re going to want to reserve your place here. We make note of go-getter candidates who show this additional initiative.
- Be considered for our annual $10,000 departmental scholarships. Both the Paul Polak Scholarship and Equity in Design Scholarship will primarily consider candidates who apply by the priority deadline. Early applicants can also find the best outside scholarships and get their applications for funding submitted before busy periods.
- Make arrangements for your life at SVA–and in New York! Transitioning to a new school and a new program can be both exciting and stressful. If you’re moving to New York from another state or country, knowing your status early allows you to find housing, make connections, and look for a part-time job.
- Get connected with our student, faculty, and alumni networks early, and get looped into our departmental newsletter to get a sense of the kinds of work we follow at DSI.
- Give yourself peace of mind in knowing you got it done early!