“Creative leaders make their own opportunities. DSI students are learning to examine and respond to our broken systems in more sustainable ways, to build community, challenge the status quo and shape new narratives. Most of all, they are leading the way to ensure the health and wellbeing of our communities and the planet through creativity and care. Looking forward to 2021, we celebrate these possibilities to reimagine what the future will be. So, why wait?” – Miya Osaki, DSI Chair
When you apply to DSI early, you maximize the opportunities available to you. Here are some reasons why you should apply before our Jan. 15 priority deadline:
- An early application increases your likelihood of being considered for the program. If you’re passionate about bettering this world and taking back the future, you’re going to want to reserve your place here. We make note of go-getter candidates who show this additional initiative.
- Get first dibs on scholarships, including a chance to win our annual $10,000 Paul Polak Scholarship and brand new Equity in Design Scholarship. Early applicants can also find the best outside scholarships and get their applications submitted before busy periods.
- Make arrangements for your life at SVA (and in New York). Transitioning to a new school and a new program can be both exciting and stressful. If you’re moving to New York from another state or country, knowing your status early allows you to find housing, make connections, and look for a part-time job.
- Get connected with our student, faculty, and alumni networks early, and get looped into our departmental newsletter to get a sense of the kinds of work we follow at DSI.
- Give yourself peace of mind in knowing you got it done early!